As often as Republicans ask “is Joe Biden corrupt?” or “is Joe Biden senile?” or “did Epstein kill himself?,” Democrats ask if Trump is a racist. Of course, like the others, it’s a stupid question because we Republicans already know the answers. Yes, Joe Biden is a corrupt, senile, career politician that is probably a racist and will definitely sell out the United States’ interests if he is elected to the Presidency. No, Epstein definitely didn’t kill himself. And, most importantly for this, no, Trump is not a racist.
Today, luckily for y’all, Sheryl Young of the Intelligent Conservative Woman blog has written another article to publish here, this time on why Trump is not a racist, like she did a few weeks ago with her guest article on what you should know about socialism. I hope you like it and learn about why Trump is not a racist!
To me, the fact that Trump is not a racist should be obvious. He was never once accused of being one until the far-left Democrats realized that he might weaken them and make black Americans rethink their allegiance to the Democratic Party. Now, of course, the Democrats are rioting and saying that Trump is a racist. Nothing could be further from the truth, and this article shows why. -Gen Z Conservatives
The leftists tried to diminish our support for Trump by calling him a racist! Show you know that to be untrue and still support Trump by ordering one of these awesome hats here: I Love My Freedom
The Reasons Why Trump is Not a Racist
In mid-February 2020, the mainstream media and everyone else who disliked President Trump seemed to feel they received a new gift, a new weapon to use against him — the coronavirus. First, he was accused of being “xenophobic” for banning travel from China at the end of January as soon as the seriousness of the virus became prominent. The New York Times criticized this move as being racist (as did the pro-China WHO), yet this ban probably saved lives and does nothing to contradict the idea that President Trump is not a racist, just as America is not a racist country.
Now nearly the end of March, despite the fact that he, his administration, and all the medical experts he could gather have put over 60 measures in place to try to stop the spread, he’s accused of not doing enough in addition to the still-ever-present accusations of being a racist, xenophobe, and white supremacist. That’s patently absurd; President Trump is not a racist and his actions prove it.
On January 22, 2020 in the midst of the impeachment hearings, former Democratic presidential candidate Tom Steyer, a billionaire businessman, issued a Tweet outwardly accusing President Trump of being “against non-white immigrants.” That’s an outright lie. President Trump is not a racist and his actions prove it.
But here at TICW, we’ve been researching the accusations that President Trump is a racist and white supremacist since May of 2019. Here is our well-sourced original assessment on why Trump is not a racist, and we still stand behind it.
by Sheryl Young, TICW Editor
Ever since President Trump was elected, the word was spread that he wouldn’t acknowledge the rise of White Supremacy.” Then it became “White Supremacy is rising because of Trump.” Then, by the time we wrote the first edition of this post on 5/14/19, it had become “Trump supports White Supremacy.” By our 2nd edition, 12/2/2019, the very latest claim had become “Trump is a white supremacist and racist.”
• People say he’s a white supremacist and racist because he “hates illegal immigrants (Steyer calls it ‘non-white immigrants, ignoring the illegal part), and because he wants to build a wall.”
• Or he’s a white supremacist and racist because he bans “all Muslims.”
• Or he’s a white supremacist and racist because he wants to “put American minorities back into slavery.”
Let’s take a step back and look at 5 ways to know that none of this is true and that President Trump is not a racist.
1. First, instead of believing the endless claims and criticisms about him on social media or in the mainstream broadcast media, please consider reading the current official White House policy on Immigration, especially the sections on Migrant Protection Protocols and Trump’s April 29, 2019 Memorandum. If anyone sees any statement in here that makes him a “white supremacist,” or even a bigot or racist, it is possible they are reading between the lines from what they’ve heard or seen elsewhere. That’s one reason I know that President Trump is not a racist.
2. Next, we shouldn’t forget — and today’s young students aren’t learning this history — that the United States has had special policies for how to accept foreigners from other lands into the country for nearly 150 years. In the late 1800s, Ellis Island in New York was used as an immigration headquarters for registering new arrivals, taking their family information into account, and medically examining them to be sure they were not bringing in any diseases with which the United States did or did not already have a problem. Ellis Island became the largest and most famous immigration station but there were at least 5 other immigration ports throughout the US.
Some people were detained or refused entry for various reasons, or quarantined for medical conditions. That wouldn’t be politically correct today. The current Democrats’ policy is to just casually allow everyone in, no questions asked, no E-verify, no medical exam. Some are even talking about allowing illegal immigrants to vote and take advantage of our healthcare system without any evidence that they want to become productive citizens. Being against that and for merit-based immigration isn’t racist, showing that Trump is not a racist.
Order your FREE flag here: I Love My Freedom
President Trump has never “banned all Muslims” as is claimed. In his travel bans prior to the coronavirus threat, He issued a ban against Muslims coming into America from only the 7 worst terrorist nations on the planet. This does not make him a white supremacist who hates other races and religions. The ban is merely on those coming from the countries most known for offering terrorists their support. This includes only 5 out of the world’s 56 Muslim-dominated countries –Iran, Libya, Syria, Somalia and Yemen — plus two other dangers with no religion mentioned — Venezuela and North Korea.
- Furthermore, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld this travel ban in June, 2019 and it still holds. Title 8 of U.S. Code 1182 (f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions says:
“Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.”
On the basis of this U.S. Supreme Court decision – the highest court in the country – President Trump then expanded the travel ban to include Nigeria, Myanmar, Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Sudan, and Tanzania. He did this because these countries were harboring dangerous internal terrorist organizations, and he didn’t want an influx of these terrorists in America. And yet, again came the cries that he did it because he was a bigot. They’re insane and refuse to believe that Trump is not a racist.
3. Could it be that people are suspicious and critical of President Trump’s motives simply because he is Trump and that President Trump is not a racist, but that people think he is because of his personality?
No one — no mainstream media person or Democratic candidate — has called out President Bill Clinton, President Obama, or Hillary Clinton as white supremacists or racists, yet they have all stated in past speeches that they wanted to stem the flow of illegal immigration (bolding and coloring ours) That Democrat hypocrisy is just one of the many reasons why Trump is not a racist, as these examples show:
- President Clinton talked tough against illegal immigration in his 1995 State of the Union address: “There are some areas that the federal government should not leave and should address and address strongly. One of these areas is the problem of illegal immigration. After years of neglect, this administration has taken a strong stand to stiffen the protection of our borders. We are increasing border controls by 50 percent. We are increasing inspections to prevent the hiring of illegal immigrants. And tonight, I announce I will sign an executive order to deny federal contracts to businesses that hire illegal immigrants.”
- While still a senator, Barack Obama spoke out against free-flowing illegal immigration: We all agree on the need to better secure the border. We are a generous and welcoming people here in the U.S., but those who enter the country illegally, and those who employ them, disrespect the rule of law. We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the people who are waiting patiently and legally to come in.”, and again during his first term as president. He changed his tune later, but his original comments show that Trump is not a racist.
- During his presidency, Obama had a detention policy for illegals. It was the Obama Administration that first used detention facilities at the southern border to house illegal immigrants, including children. This has even been confirmed in a lengthy factual piece by Snopes.com, which is often reported as a partner to far-left Democrats, in which case Snopes would gain nothing by reporting this as truth. In this January 2019 report on Homeland Security there are over 20 mentions of family detention policies from the Obama years, the problems, the reasons, and more. Trump is not a racist. Those facilities are there for a reason and existed before his presidency.
- In mid-2019, Business Insider reported and USA Today confirmed that the photo widely circulated by Democrats and “mainstream” media, which they claimed to be of children in cages in a Trump detention camp, was actually a photo from 2014 — detention under President Obama. Our “progressive” leaders and media didn’t want us to know this, just as they don’t want us to know that Trump is not a racist.
- In her second run for president, Hillary Clinton spoke against free-flowing illegal immigration, even saying this while she was Obama’s Secretary of State: “We have to send a clear message, just because your child gets across the border, that doesn’t mean they get to stay.” — (quoted in Newsweek.com).
4. The fact that President Trump doesn’t want illegal immigrants flooding our gates does not make him a white supremacist or racist; Trump is not a racist. He simply wants people to come in through legal channels. The legal immigration system is full of red-tape. Good people must sometimes wait 10 years to become legal citizens, whereas illegals just stream across. Trump is not a racist when it comes to immigration, he just wants to help law-abiding citizens.
Claim your FREE Gadsden flag here: I Love My Freedom
But most foreigners coming here legally want to become a part of our society, work hard, and make a good life for their family. They are not coming here to change America, as some illegals are, into what their own country is already like. Or to sit idly and reap our benefits at our expense. And, because our Democrats (and even some Republicans in Congress) want to bend the knee to illegal immigrants, the people waiting in good will for legal citizenship are suffering.
- Trump has allowed a detention policy to continue, but that doesn’t mean he “hates” immigrant children. In fact, it shows quite the opposite, which is that Trump is not a racist. Those maintaining the camps must be sure that the children are re-united with the right people. Some children and teens have been brought in or taken by sex traffickers. Helping them is the right thing to do, not a bigoted act.
- According to this report by the Polaris Project, experts on the state of human trafficking, between 2015 and 2018 there were 2,552 victims of sex trafficking at our borders. In news just published by the National Review in May 2019, it is reported that some drug pushers pose people as fake family members to get across the border. The number who are in detention should not be considered any administration’s fault when so many illegals are trying to come in at once and under false pretenses.
5. Lastly, regarding American minorities, the fact that his motto is “Make America Great Again” does not mean he favors White Supremacy or a return to black slavery. Let’s look at his Proclamation on Minority Enterprise Development. He doesn’t only want minorities to have jobs — he wants minorities to own companies. President Trump is not a racist- he’s helping black Americans a great deal!
President Trump’s policies of tax cuts for businesses are not to “help the rich” but have inspired some companies to bring their businesses back here from other countries. The unemployment rate is lower than it’s been in decades:
- As of November 2019, the unemployment rate stands at 3.6% (Trading Economics figures)with minority unemployment at an average 5.5% (CNN Business report).
- In June 2012, under President Obama, the unemployment rate was at an average of 8.2% with minorities over 12% (U.S. Dept of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Were some companies being greedy when they left the country under previous administrations and then came back for the Trump tax cuts? Maybe so. But the fact remains they came back because of his policies. That’s a good thing for unemployment rates, and there is no evidence whatsoever that Trump is personally keeping minority applicants from obtaining jobs, which is yet more evidence that Trump is not a racist.
- He hasn’t revoked the Equal Opportunity Employment Act.
- He hasn’t revoked Equal Housing Opportunities.
- He hasn’t made an Executive Order returning to segregation.
Don’t be a slave to the Democratic party on this. Nobody is putting anybody back on plantations. But we can be back in mental, emotional, and cultural bondage if we believe everything we hear. Trump is not a racist. Instead, he’s fighting to help black Americans every day. Remember that.
Related side story: Examples of a lack of respect for America among undocumented immigrant students who’ve come from the southern border: In the last few years, some Mexican students in California have asked to take down American flags at American schools because “they are offended by it.”
In one incident, the flag was stolen and replaced by the Mexican flag. Another group convinced school administrators and California courts to stop American students from wearing American flag t-shirts because “it offends them.” Their illegal parents are not teaching them to respect America – the very country that is giving them so many privileges like DACA and lets them pay less tuition than our own American parents must pay.
Leftists want to cancel the American flag! Don’t let them! Order this FREE Betsy Ross Flag here to show you love America: I Love My Freedom