Several years ago, when then-President Obama was allowing Illegal Aliens to invade our Nation pretty much without restraint, I wrote Arizona Governor Jan Brewer a letter. The letter spoke of Article I of the U.S. Constitution section 10, paragraph 4. Here is the paragraph as per our Constitution:
“No state shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.”
The last section of this paragraph that states “unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay” is crucial to providing the States the ability to defend themselves and hence their Citizens from foreign invasion and dangers. The clause allows all of the other items listed previously in that paragraph to become options for the “State” to put into action if the last clause occurs.
As I told then Governor Brewer, she should enter into compacts with other States and “engage in war” with Mexico. That engagement should be the military defense of those State’s borders with all means at the State’s disposal. Mexico should be told if they continue to allow the invasion of any groups through their country into our State(s) there will be a Declaration of War by the invaded State.
Now surely this sounds extreme but in fact, it is in our Constitution for a reason.
The point would be to put Mexico and, maybe, more importantly, Washington DC on notice that millions of Illegal Aliens invading our Nation will not be tolerated anymore by the individual States. Every State in our Nation is affected by the influx of Illegals. Obviously, this administration is going to encourage that invasion, thus upsetting our Nation’s balance and putting the People of America in harm’s way.
Here are a few things that Illegal Immigration either does or causes to occur in the States and the Nation as a whole:
- The citizen’s taxes increase to cover the increased costs of educating illegal immigrants and their children.
- Child sex trafficking (crime) is increased.
- Drugs smuggled into our Nation increases.
- Increased cost of law enforcement
- Increased cost of healthcare occurs.
- Illegals who work without paying taxes and employers who use them without paying workers’ compensation are unfairly competing against law-abiding companies thus driving them out of business as they cannot compete.
- Incarceration costs of illegal’s and deportation costs are increased and borne by U.S. Citizens.
- Illegal voting and a forced imbalance in Democrat support by Illegals as repayment to the Democrats for not enforcing our immigration laws.
- Sanctuary cities and towns harbor criminals that don’t just stay in those communities but then travel to non-sanctuary cities and towns.
- Increase gang violence in our Nation by groups like the Mexican Mafia and MS 13.
- We shouldn’t forget the new threat the Democrats are so concerned about with America’s Citizens but not with the illegals, and that is the spread of COVID 19.
Now, this list is far from complete, but one gets the picture. The only way this blight will stop is by the individual States joining forces and using our Constitution to legally stop this invasion.
This path is far less extreme than what the Biden administration and Speaker Pelosi are allowing to occur daily in our Nation.
Story by Jerry DeLemus.