“With more than two dozen states poised to ban abortion if the U.S. Supreme Court gives them the OK next year, California clinics and their allies in the state Legislature on Wednesday revealed a plan to make the state a “sanctuary” for those seeking reproductive care, including possibly paying for travel, lodging, and procedures for people from other states.
The California Future of Abortion Council made up of more than 40 abortion providers and advocacy groups, released a list of 45 recommendations for the state to consider if the high court overturns Roe v. Wade — the 48-year-old decision that forbids states from outlawing abortion.”
Again, correcting the AP or any media is tedious these days. But the case in front of SCOTUS does not ban all abortions. It limits the gestational age of when an abortion can legally be performed and aligns with most nations in the world that limit the practice past the first trimester. But the narrative “poised to ban abortion” is such an effective political tool they just cannot help themselves.
California residents, who just granted Gavin Newsom a blank check by refusing to hold him accountable for mismanaging the pandemic, are rejoicing at the news. After all, “California’s coffers have soared throughout the pandemic, fueling a record budget surplus this year.” California’s “budget surplus” is made possible by the Biden administration’s financial insanity. And since every American taxpayer is on the hook for funding Gavin Newsom’s far-left wet dreams, it’s only fair that residents of all states have unlimited access to concierge abortion services in California clinics.
But I say more power to King Newsom! He finally figured out a way to bring back all that fleeing revenue, and the liberal voting base, that tech companies currently are taking with them to Texas. Once the word gets out that the exorbitant taxes they are fleeing are going to be used for providing free abortions, all those companies would surely come rushing back, thus ruining the Democrat’s dream of turning Texas blue.
So, maybe California should reconsider that “sanctuary” abortion policy. Meanwhile, there are many jurisdictions in the US that declared themselves “a sanctuary” for different social causes. Here is an (incomplete) list of some of them:
- With the Biden vaccine mandates quickly becoming the biggest laughing stock in US jurisprudence, ex-Mayor and moron emeritus Bill DeBlasio just declared New York City a sanctuary for vaccine mandates.
- In light of rampant robberies and looting, some cities are increasing police budgets and strengthening security measures. But that kind of “harassment” will not happen in Los Angeles, which District Attorney George Gascon just declared a sanctuary city for looters.
- When asked to secure Chicago during the George Floyd riots last year, Mayor Lori Lightfoot refused to help residents in danger, declaring Chicago a free-fire zone and a sanctuary for violence.
- Last year, a part of Seattle (known as CHOP) was designated as a sanctuary for people who wanted to be shot by violent anarchists without a threat of police interference
- Two years ago, Governor Murphy declared New Jersey a sanctuary state for people who like paying high taxes
- Due to the dangerous rise of sea levels, Martha’s Vineyard designated itself a sanctuary town for billionaire elites fleeing climate change. Barak and Michelle Obama recently purchased a multimillion-dollar mansion there, demonstrating that Martha’s Vineyard will be completely safe for habitation for decades to come.
- Since the start of the Covid pandemic, CNN building briefly became a sanctuary jurisdiction for embattled state governors presiding over deadly Covid policies.
- And finally, the state of Florida has been designated a sanctuary state for reckless drivers who do not want to obey the traffic laws.
The tourist ad writes itself: California, the sanctuary destination to visit and return home without baby onboard.