At a press briefing Wednesday, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) fired back at President Biden’s criticism of his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. Biden and his mouthpieces had chosen to publicly attack Governor DeSantis’s COVID policies with disinformation and ridicule, and DeSantis was having none of it.
Biden had recently put his mouth all over GOP Governors like DeSantis and Abbott, as reported by The Hill:
DeSantis’s outburst came a day after Biden rebuked him and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) for signing directives that ban mask mandates in public schools and other places. Florida and Texas are among a handful of states, all with GOP governors, that have issued directives barring mask requirements to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
“We need leadership from everyone and if some governors aren’t willing to do the right thing to beat this pandemic, then they should allow businesses and universities who want to do the right thing to be able to do it,” Biden said at the White House on Tuesday afternoon.
“I say to these governors, please help. If you aren’t going to help, at least get out of the way of people who are trying to do the right thing. Use your power to save lives,” Biden said.
Biden later made clear that he believes the decisions by DeSantis and Abbott are “bad health policy.”
Then ‘circle back” Jen took to the podium:
“White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki used a selectively-edited clip from Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis’ remarks on Wednesday to falsely suggest that DeSantis has not been actively working to get Floridians vaccinated.”
The governor did not give the propaganda machine (Democrats/Media) time to rev up and sell the false narrative- striking back almost in real-time.
That was so yummy let’s take a look at that “Heavy Timber “again:
So knock on wood – reaching out to clobber McConnell’s or McCarthy’s timber heads – this is what a principled Conservative acts like. From this moment further this shall be known as the” DeSantis Derail”. The moment when the progressive left’s wheels are run right off the propaganda track. DeSantis’s resolute courage to defend the US Constitution by declaring government does not give us our rights and it is his sworn duty to defend the liberty and freedoms of his constituents was epic. This is not the first time the Florida governor has exhibited an acute understanding of the left and the way they operate using Alinsky tactics. DeSantis has been knocking back and laying out the complicit media routinely and setting the record straight.
Again, the GOP should clone him – but they won’t. Here is my article from a few months ago addressing the governor’s unique talent stack-“If DeSantis Makes The 2024 Ticket, Looking Back This Was The Defining Moment (Video) – Trump-DeSantis 2024?” DeSantis may be a Harvard graduate but make no mistake -he is not cut from the present-day elite establishment Republican party’s tablecloth.
A brief round-up of Twitter posts obliterate Biden’s foolish attack on DeSantis and his Lil Raggedy Ann in the press room too.
Polling shows if Donald Trump chooses not to enter the 2024 Presidential race that DeSantis is the frontrunner by miles for Republican voters. The preferred ticket is Trump/DeSantis presently. DeSantis is an astute politician and knows the target is drawn squarely on his back and suits up every time the enemy lobs incoming his way. The key is he does not just ” Punch back” rather he effectively wins the counterpoint while additionally weakening his opponents by breaking through the media cover and taking his strategic wipeouts in public view for maximum political exposure of his opponent’s self-inflicted wounds.
Ron DeSantis sets the narrative based on facts and then sits back and watches the left drown in twisting those facts to the point of absurdity.
- DeSantis has been pro – vaccine always. As Governor he implemented a highly aggressive education campaign and maximum access for the most vulnerable of his population back in February 2021.
- DeSantis has always stated no vaccine mandates would be implemented.
- Following the science is why Florida has a dramatic decrease in the overall number of deaths, hospitalizations and infections year over year to date.
- “1,266 a week died in August of last year, only 409 people a week died this year. Regardless of the number of cases, people in Florida are not dying of Covid any faster than in many other states. Nevada, Arkansas, and Louisiana, for example, have a larger death rate per 100 thousand people than Florida does.
- The data does not support that unvaccinated are driving the latest Delta Variant infections. Some of the highest vaccination rates ( LA County and others) have high positivity rates.
- Florida leads the country in vaccinations of their elderly population
- Masks: What does Biden’s top COVID adviser have to say most recently on air about masks?
- MSN: “Dr. Anthony Fauci wrote in February 2020 that store-bought face masks would not be very effective at protecting against the COVID-19 pandemic and advised a traveler not to wear one.”“Fauci wrote: “Masks are really for infected people to prevent them from spreading the infection to people who are not infected rather than protecting uninfected people from acquiring infection.“The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out the virus, which is small enough to pass through the material. It might, however, provide some slight benefit in keep out gross droplets if someone coughs or sneezes on you.”He added: “I do not recommend that you wear a mask, particularly since you are going to a very low-risk location.”
Like the left, DeSantis uses the power of words and phrases to expose his opponent :
- “Give me a break … the question is we either have a free society, or we can have a biomedical security state.”
- “Joe Biden ran for president on a platform of “He was going to shut down the virus.” Instead, Biden “has imported more virus from around the world by having a wide-open southern border.”
- Biden “isn’t shutting down the virus; he’s helping to facilitate it in the country.”
- “Joe Biden suggests that if you don’t do lock down policies then you should “get out of the way.” But let me tell you this, if you’re coming after rights of parents in Florida, I’m standing in your way. I’m not going to let you get away with it.”
- “If you’re trying to deny kids a proper in-person education, I’m going to stand in you’re way and I’m going to stand up for the kids in Florida. If you’re trying to restrict people, impose mandates, if you’re trying to ruin their jobs and livelihood, and their small business, if you’re trying to lock people down, I’m standing in your way, and I’m standing for the people of Florida.”
- “Why don’t you do your job? Why don’t you get this border secure, and until you do that, I don’t want to hear a blip about Covid from you,” he said, speaking directly to Biden.
Don’t hold your breath that the Republican Party is taking notes or training to be effective or victorious. Those ancient boobs view DeSantis as they do all of us – with contempt and loathing. The leaders of the GOP will gladly work with Biden, Pelosi, and crew, and the media to inflict political harm on the most electable on their bench.
Why did DeSantis step to the microphone and declare he is in the war with the tyrants occupying the Oval Office? Because he knows the Republican Party establishment will not. This American hero was deployed to Iraq as a SEAL Team one leader. He led soldiers into the hell known now as the stand at Fallujah. This exceptional leader was not at the podium talking to Joe Biden, or even the media – he was commanding YOU.
He knows what is just around the corner for all of us – a complete loss of our freedoms over our bodies, our families, and our livelihoods. The one thing that can alter that inevitable course is You. No, not just who you vote for or what party or tribe you claim. Marxist regimes fear truth and the masses waking up and standing up. The Biden crew that dragged him to the dance are no different.
Our Governors, Senators, and Congressional Representatives cannot defend the Republic anymore without the masses’ voices legally, peacefully, and highly visibly being seen and heard. Those who are abusing power must be shown there is a line they will not be allowed to cross – no matter the consequences. He knows when you show strength it bolsters others to stand strong and hold the line. So DeSantis was gathering and bugle calling the troops.
Sadly, it will not be enough that a few GOP governors around the country start standing up and fighting back against this tyrannical and unconstitutional federal government. Biden has fully weaponized the Justice Department against the American people. Political prosecutions are real. There are not enough executive orders or state legislature laws that can protect the citizens of a state who remain dormant and out of view. The time has come to find your courage and make a stand. We must show visible support in large numbers for our warriors and in a way that the media cannot dismiss.
Take the time to drop a card or letter to this great patriot and let him know you stand with him. And do so for other brave politicians who are stepping up into the battle to save our republic.
Office of Governor Ron DeSantis
State of Florida
400 S. Monroe St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001
But please recognize when Governor DeSantis states ” I’m standing in your way”- that is a rallying call for Americans to stand in the way of Tyranny and fight for freedom.